Architecture & Design Account Manager
(New York City, NY)
Public relations firm specializing in design, architecture and visual arts is seeking a full-time Account Manager for its architecture and design team.
We are looking for a bright, organized, experienced and detail oriented public relations professional. The applicant must be able to multi-task and have the ability to take initiative and problem solve. He/she must be media savvy, have impeccable phone manner and people skills, experience working in a team, and the ability to prioritize and take direction.
Candidate should be knowledgeable about architecture and design and have strong contacts and knowledge of design media. Also required are outstanding writing skills, flair for social media, and polished interpersonal skills. The ability to multi-task and work effectively in a small-team environment is essential.
We value stability and long-term business relationships and seek candidates whose professional goals align naturally with the agency and its clients. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including company-paid health and dental coverage, vacation and personal days, a retirement plan and bonuses subject to revenue and performance.
Candidates must be able to think creatively and quickly, have the ability to adapt to different kinds of clients and contexts, and be comfortable in social environments. Foreign language skills a plus.
3-5 years agency experience focused in design or an in-house position at an architecture or design firm is required. Please direct all resumes with a brief cover letter to email@example.com.
- Creating and executing strategic communication plans/timelines
- Acting as day-to-day contact for clients and media
- Fielding media inquiries and arranging client interviews
- Compiling and reviewing targeted media lists
- Actively pitching media outlets
- Developing and editing press materials including press releases, pitch letters, media alerts, fact sheets, images, remarks, and presentations
- Planning special events, such as press previews and press trips
- Preparing agendas, recaps and media updates for weekly client calls
- Lead weekly client calls with VP
- Media tracking
- Monitoring of weekly team schedule (alerting VPs about upcoming meetings and calls)
- Reports production (weekly reports, etc.)
- Implementing social media strategies for clients
- Database supervision (collectively with other AM’s under the supervision of VP and with AC and interns support)
- Representing Blue Medium at design world events
- Intern supervision
- Account Manager reports into Vice President
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Communications or Journalism
- Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- An energetic team player
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong media relations skills and contacts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Filemaker, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Solid understanding of social media tools and channels
- Solid knowledge of publications covering design, lifestyle and culture
- Availability to attend client events after hours as required
Visual Arts and Architecture & Design Public Relations Student Internships (rolling application)
(New York City, NY)
Public Relations, Communications, and Marketing firm specializing in design, architecture, visual arts and culture is seeking two bright, organized, dedicated, and charismatic candidates for an internship lasting at least four (4) months.
Duties include, but are not limited to: maintaining press clippings and listings, researching new media contacts and publications, assisting with the production of media kits, helping to coordinate social media efforts, organizing our media storage and archives, as well as drafting outreach reports, advertising plans, and clipping books. Assisting with and attending special events and openings will require occasional after-hours commitment.
Applicants should possess strong writing and organizational skills, excellent phone manner, an eye for aesthetics, and an ability to work well in a small office setting. Some knowledge or background in art history, and/or architecture and design is essential. Must be literate in Macintosh computers and Microsoft Office. Experience in FileMaker, Photoshop, and InDesign is strongly preferred. Desired applicants must be willing to commit at least four (4) full months to working at the company.
Prospective interns should be available for at least three full days per week (10am to 5pm). This unpaid internship offers a $80 per day stipend for food and transportation costs. Please be available for an in-person interview. You may visit our website for further information at www.bluemedium.com.
Please send cover letter, resume, and availability by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. EOE.